By Laurie Rowen
Happy 2022! I am excited to report that I was again elected to the Board of Directors of Orange County Women Lawyer’s Association (OCWLA), and I strongly encourage all Orange County lawyers (both men and women!) to become members of this organization. OCWLA is dedicated to advancing women in the legal profession by providing a professional network, raising awareness of discrimination and bias, and supporting charitable organizations. During 2022, OCWLA is focused on providing more virtual and in-person networking opportunities for all of its members, including CLE events, social gatherings, and small group networking opportunities.
Besides costing only $75 per year (which we believe is one of the least expensive memberships available right now), this organization provides so many benefits:
- Networking with OCWLA members, both in person and virtually
- Access to the membership portal within the website
- Access to member only events
- Exclusive, discounted member rates for all events and many affiliate events
- Participation in exclusive Philanthropy opportunities in the community
- Member badge for website
- Ability to participate in Featured Member Series blog
- Affiliate Rates with California Women Lawyers and National Association of Women Lawyers
- Mentoring opportunities with OCWLA member law students through local externship programs
Join OCWLA or renew your membership today to become a part of this active and dynamic group. Discounted and/or complimentary membership rates are available for judges, government attorneys, attorneys with less than five years of practice, and law students. Questions? Email me at [email protected].