Last year, Themis Legal Network was founded in New York by Noreen Weiss Adler in order to bring together highly credentialed women from boutique and mid-sized firms. I have been attending Themis events since the launch event last October. The events have ranged from cocktails at some of New York’s top bars, to a private fashion show with luxury businesswear designer Gurjot. At each event, I have had the privilege of meeting many interesting and engaging women attorneys. Themis has been a wonderful way for me to build my network and meet other women to whom I would feel comfortable sending referrals should the need arise. Recognizing that lawyers often need assistance outside of their jurisdiction, Themis is now expanding outside of New York City! I would urge all women who are looking to join a great network to consider a membership. See below for more information about how to join and benefits of membership!
Themis Legal Network
Themis Legal Network, an all-women legal network for highly credentialed lawyers, is expanding outside of New York City. In an increasingly global economy, lawyers do not practice in geographic isolation, and our organization is looking to team up with highly credentialed women lawyers around the country.
Themis Legal Network is a multi-jurisdictional all-women’s legal network for highly-credentialed women lawyers. Founded last year in New York City, we are a group of senior attorneys at boutique and mid-sized firms with top-tier, Big Law and Fortune 100 Company experience, who need to collaborate with lawyers in other jurisdictions and other practice areas, and we are looking to grow our professional network.
The Mission: We believe that women should band together for business development purposes, and Themis Legal Network was founded to create the platform and infrastructure to facilitate the creation of cross-jurisdictional relationships in varying practice areas that can lead to rewarding professional networking and client referrals.
High Quality Lawyers: Our criteria for full membership requires a minimum six years practice experience, so you can feel confident in the level of expertise represented by our members. Additionally, in order to foster the next generation of legal talent, we welcome women lawyers who have less than six years experience, for mentoring purposes.
Benefits of Membership:
- Searchable database for members and potential clients
- Referral Board
- Jobs Board
- Events support for local groups outside NYC who would like sponsored events in their locale, and the ability to promote your own professional skills and networking events on our calendar
- Access to our communication infrastructure to reach out to groups of members
- Video conference speed networking events to meet members in other locales
- Access to the same Corporate Perks employee discount program used by companies worldwide with offerings from 30,000 merchant partners including 90% of the Fortune 100 and 70% of the Fortune 1000 companies, and local merchants. Member average annual savings is $1,407, which covers the member fee several times over. Discounts are offered on products from everyday items and restaurants to big ticket items like cell phone plans, airfare, hotels, computers, and special savings at merchants targeted to your local area.
Special US Member Promotional Code: save-25: Enter coupon code save-25 on the Join Now page to receive 25% off the first year membership fee (undiscounted fee is $250, thereafter $150 annually).
Chelsea Beser graduated cum laude from Columbia University in 2003. She received her Juris Doctor from Fordham University in 2006, where she graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, and was an Associate Editor of the Fordham Law Review. During law school, Chelsea was a summer associate at Cravath, Swaine and Moore and externed for the Honorable Colleen McMahon of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Chelsea began her career at the New York office of Heller Ehrman, where she was a litigation associate representing clients in complex commercial litigations, securities actions, government investigations and insurance recovery matters. Chelsea then joined Boundas, Skarzynski, Walsh & Black, where she focused on business litigation and insurance coverage matters involving professional liability insurance coverage, with a focus on director and officer liability.
Chelsea joined Montage Legal Group as the Lead Attorney for New York in May 2012.